Maurice Epstein founded Imperial (originally Mid-West Cap Works) in 1916 near Denver, Colorado. Imperial initially specialized in fashionable wool dress caps, but soon added uniform dress caps and wool military caps to the line during World War II.
By the 1950’s, Imperial became one of the first headwear manufacturers to cater to the growing golf industry. Epstein recognized the popularity of sports caps and the advantages of direct embroidery onto “finished” caps. Imperial has had a profound impact on the headwear industry not only with their sales growth, but also in product innovation. Imperial played a leading role in the development of the first adjustable cap (first with plastic snaps, then later with leather bands and metal clasps).
Today, Imperial is known as one of the largest hat manufacturers and best golf headwear brands in the world. Its customer list includes many of the top golf courses, private clubs, and resorts. Golfers all over the world now wear Imperial.
In the News…
- Imperial Headwear has been featured on Golf Fashion Weekly
- Golf-Threads has featured Imperial Headwear’s Keep Warm Knits
- My Golf Spy has featured Imperial Headwear’s Custom Knits in their giveaway
- Golflife.com has featured Imperial Headwear in their 2015 Holiday Gift Guide
- Links Nation has featured Imperial Headwear in their 2015 Holiday Golf Gift Guide
- GolfLife.com has featured Imperial Headwear in their 2015 Holiday Gift Guide
- Imperial Headwear Powered by CoolCore has been featured on Canadian Golf Traveler
- Spears on Golf has featured Imperial headwear’s Keep Warm Knits
- Imperial Headwear has been featured on The A Position
- The Chicago Golf Report has featured Imperial headwears Knit Caps