Miura Golf of Japan makes the world’s finest forged golf clubs, designed and manufactured by patriarch and club expert Katsuhiro Miura with the help of his sons Yoshitaka and Shinei, whom he trained.
Miura makes its forged clubs — irons, wedges and putters — in the company’s one factory and one forge, both in the city of Himeji, which was for centuries the seat of the ancient Japanese art of samurai sword making. While demand for those weapons has diminished, the generations of steelmaking skill and passion have not — and these are the attributes that the Miura family brings to the creation of the world’s best golf weapons.
Katsuhiro Miura who began making golf clubs in 1957, hand-grinds clubs in his factory every day alongside Yoshitaka-san, while Shinei Mura supervises the forging. Miura clubs are made one by one, using many handcrafting processes, and will never be mass produced. Special forging techniques assure that the grain of the steel in each club will be fine and uniform, with no voids or tiny bubbles that could interfere with the famous Miura purity of the strike. This grain, more comparable to a jar of sand than a jar of marbles, is the result of careful and patient forging and finishing, and it sets Miura apart from other clubs.
Miura offers non-forged products as well — drivers, fairway woods and hybrids — all designed and produced under the supervision of the Miura family.
Among professional golfers, the Miura name is well-known — indeed, before he made clubs under his own name, Katsuhiro Miura supplied many top pros with the clubs they used to win major championships. Out of deference to those players and their current endorsement relationships, Mr. Miura does not discuss them specifically. Instead, he focuses on the design and manufacture of his current clubs, which are to him the highest expression of his decades-long quest for golf club perfection.
In the News…
- Miura – GoGolfandTravel Summer-Fall 2018 Newsletter
- Miura Tour Wedge press release Coverage
- Miura – Inside Golf Newsletter
- MIURA’S FIRST CNC-MILLED TOUR WEDGE SERIES TARGETS MID- AND LOW-HANDICAPPERS
- GolfWRX newsletter that highlights Ryan Moore’s win with Miura clubs
- Miura IC-601 press release coverage – AmericanGolferBlog
- Miura IC-601 press release coverage – GolfGearReview
- Miura IC-601 press release coverage
- Miura Unveils New Irons For Mid- And High-Handicap Golfers
- GolfLogix App Enhances Putt Breaks with 3D Greens Maps, One-Touch Putt Reading