Miura Golf of Japan makes the world’s finest forged golf clubs, designed and manufactured by patriarch and club expert Katsuhiro Miura with the help of his sons Yoshitaka and Shinei, whom he trained.
Miura makes its forged clubs — irons, wedges and putters — in the company’s one factory and one forge, both in the city of Himeji, which was for centuries the seat of the ancient Japanese art of samurai sword making. While demand for those weapons has diminished, the generations of steelmaking skill and passion have not — and these are the attributes that the Miura family brings to the creation of the world’s best golf weapons.
Katsuhiro Miura who began making golf clubs in 1957, hand-grinds clubs in his factory every day alongside Yoshitaka-san, while Shinei Mura supervises the forging. Miura clubs are made one by one, using many handcrafting processes, and will never be mass produced. Special forging techniques assure that the grain of the steel in each club will be fine and uniform, with no voids or tiny bubbles that could interfere with the famous Miura purity of the strike. This grain, more comparable to a jar of sand than a jar of marbles, is the result of careful and patient forging and finishing, and it sets Miura apart from other clubs.
Miura offers non-forged products as well — drivers, fairway woods and hybrids — all designed and produced under the supervision of the Miura family.
Among professional golfers, the Miura name is well-known — indeed, before he made clubs under his own name, Katsuhiro Miura supplied many top pros with the clubs they used to win major championships. Out of deference to those players and their current endorsement relationships, Mr. Miura does not discuss them specifically. Instead, he focuses on the design and manufacture of his current clubs, which are to him the highest expression of his decades-long quest for golf club perfection.
In the News…
- MyGolfSpy.com reviews Miura CB-1008 and CB-2008 irons
- Miura Hayate Driver Featured in Robb Report
- Miura Golf Debuts ICL-601 Driving Iron
- Miura Golf PP-W01 and PP-Neo Utilities featured on GolfDigest.com
- New Miura Equipment Featured in PGA Magazine – August 2017
- Miura Featured in July digital issue of Links Magazine
- UntilTheNextTee.com highlights Miura’s new equipment
- New Miura Golf irons – CB-1008 and MB-5005 on PluggedInGolf.com
- Canada golf website highlights new irons from Miura Golf
- Miura Hayate Woods featured in Colorado Avid Golfer